So what were my weekend goals again?
1. Clean the kitchen. I did that! Keeping my kitchen clean is an ongoing struggle (since I both use my kitchen and loathe doing the dishes) but I’m really trying to put good habits in place before we have a baby to contend with. So far so good!
2. Clean all the floors downstairs. Yes! Check! Steve and I spent a long time on Saturday sorting and organizing. We both have a too-high tolerance for clutter, so it felt really good to finally get through those piles of old magazines and catalogs and put things away. Then I was finally able to vaccuum and mop and do all those fun things I’ve been putting off since the summer*. I had a ton of energy on Saturday and I was able to use it to my full advantage – it was a big relief after feeling lousy all week.
3. Make two apple crisps. And here’s the evidence!
I took more, but those were the only two that came out good. I need some better photography skills, but I’m … not that interested in working on it. Heh.
Anyway, yum yum. I brought one over to Leah and Chad’s and the other one is in the fridge waiting to be crisped.
4. Nap. I did that yesterday too.
So like I said, on Saturday I had plenty of energy. I had been sick on Wednesday and Thursday with this weird low-grade fever, but I bounced back on Friday in time to go out for dinner with some friends. I stayed busy all through Saturday and finally got some stuff done around the house, but by 8 p.m. I was more than ready for bed. My fatigue didn’t improve on Sunday and I had a nagging headache for most of the day. I went to bed early again, only to discover overnight that my fever was back! My temperature has been elevated all day and my head is aching. I don’t get sick very often, and I very, very rarely have a fever, so it’s really unusual for me to have one twice in one week. Fortunately, all of my pregnancy books say that a low-grade fever isn’t a big deal at this stage of pregnancy, and I can just treat it with Tylenol and rest. I hope I’m back on my feet tomorrow – I have a lot to do at work, and I’m more than ready for that fabled burst of energy to last more than 12 hours! Wish me luck … I’m off to drink some more orange juice.
Lastly, here’s today’s requisite Teak picture:
Unfortunately, neither cat makes a great nurse.
* I promise, this wasn’t the first time I’ve vaccuumed since July.