A brief, non-comprehensive list of things that are on my mind:
- Vegetable gardening. I am tentatively decided on planting this year, thanks to a lot of encouragement from the moms in my life. The only thing standing in my way here is that I’ll need some assistance in prepping everything, because by the time I’ll be capable of doing it all myself, it’ll be too late to plant! I’ve also done some googling (imagine that) and am determined to be more educated this go-around than I have been in the past.
I don’t think I’ll plant cherry tomatoes this year but I just love how they grow.
- My baby to-do list. I think I have a lot to do? — addressing thank you cards, installing the car seat, figuring out what else we need to buy — but what I really need to do first is make a list. (Which reminds me I meant to buy myself a spiral notebook at Target today …)
- Daniel Gilbert’s Stumbling on Happiness. I’m about halfway through (it’s slow going) and it’s very interesting. The human brain is a fascinating machine!
- Labor — of course. We had our hospital tour this week, and yesterday my neighbor (due two days before me) had her water break. I’m so jealous, even though I won’t be full term for another week. (One week!) I’ve gotten a few comments that the baby’s dropped, too, which makes me happy to hear. (I think it’s true, for what it’s worth.) And one of those things on my baby to-do list, incidentally, is pack hospital bag. But what to bring?
- Peanut butter — especially peanut butter and honey sandwiches. Move over, grapefruit. I can’t get enough.
- Nursery organization. Things are slowly coming together up there and as that happens, I’m slowly thinking through how I want to get everything situated. We bought our first pack of disposable diapers today, too, which felt like a huge milestone in our lives.
Buddy assisted us in setting up the crib a few weeks ago.
- Figuring out how to develop a schedule, and how to avoid spending all my days on the couch in pajamas, when I stop working. It occurred to me the other day that I’m going to have to make a point to wear real clothes every day — I’ve had a VERY long-standing habit of changing into yoga pants or pajamas as soon as I walk in the door after work, and I don’t want to wind up on What Not to Wear a year from now!
Anyway, as I said this is non-comprehensive. My mind is very busy these days — nesting, probably. Fun stuff! What’s on your mind these days?